Apply Now to Become a 2022-2023 Fellow
The Institute of Politics at Florida State University (IOP@FSU) is currently accepting applications to be an IOP@FSU Undergraduate Fellow during the 2022-2023 academic year. Our Undergraduate Fellows Program provides a unique opportunity for FSU undergraduates to explore and pursue their interests related to politics, civic engagement, and public service. This program provides unique opportunities exclusively to our Fellows, including interaction with local, state and national elected officials, political professionals, and political science scholars.
2022-2023 Institute of Politics Fellows cohort would:
- Meet and interact with invited speakers and guests
- Have the opportunity for personal interactions with FSU alumni working in politics and public service
- Invitation to participate in public lectures and events sponsored by the IOP
- Receive exclusive opportunities to interact with legislators and lawmakers through the IOP’s Why We Serve Initiative
While we encourage our Undergraduate Fellows to participate in all aspects of our organization, attendance at sponsored events is not mandatory. The purpose of our Fellows Program is to foster an intellectual environment for undergraduate students to seek a better understanding of politics, civic engagement, and public service.
Fellows who satisfactorily complete the program are able to continue in the program in future years with added mentoring opportunities and opportunities for interaction with local, state and national elected officials, political professionals, and political science scholars at our events.
All application materials are due by April 22nd, 2022.
To be eligible to apply to be an Institute of Politics Fellow, you must:
- Have an interest in civic engagement, public service, or politics
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Have participated in campus and/or community organizations
- Remain on track to graduate no sooner than spring semester 2023
Please submit a personal statement and resume. The statement should be no more than 400 words and should outline your interests in politics, civic engagement, and public service. In the statement, please be sure to also briefly describe your participation in extracurricular activities or relevant work experiences and how being an IOP fellow will help further your aspirations for civic engagement and public service along with any other information you feel will advance your application for this prestigious fellowship. All application materials are due by April 22nd, 2022.