Apply Now to Become a 2021-2022 Fellow
The Institute of Politics at Florida State University (IOP@FSU) invites applications to be an IOP@FSU Undergraduate Fellow during the 2021-2022 academic year. The program provides a unique opportunity for FSU undergraduates to explore and pursue their interests related to politics, civic engagement, and public service. This program provides unique opportunities exclusively to IOP Fellows, including interaction with local, state and national elected officials, political professionals, and political science scholars.
2021-2022 Institute of Politics Fellows cohort would:
- Be part of a small select cohort of 15-20 outstanding students
- Meet and interact with IOP invited speakers and guests
- Enroll in an invitation-only 3-credit seminar on politics and civic engagement during spring semester 2022
- Have the opportunity for personal interactions with FSU alumni working in politics and in public service
- Be invited to participate in public lectures and events sponsored by the IOP at FSU
To be eligible to apply to be an Institute of Politics Fellow, you must:
- Have an interest in civic engagement, public service, or politics
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Have participated in campus and/or community organizations
- Remain on track to graduate no sooner than spring semester 2022
Please submit a personal statement and resume. The statement should be no more than 400 words and should outline your interests in politics, civic engagement, and public service. In the statement, please be sure to also briefly describe your participation in extracurricular activities or relevant work experiences and how being an IOP fellow will help further your aspirations for civic engagement and public service along with any other information you feel will advance your application for this prestigious fellowship. All application materials are due by April 9th, 2021.